Thursday, January 15, 2004

Apparently I am the pimp of algae.

It seems that the only way I can get a woman's phone number is to either be their teacher, or offer to go collect algae. I mean the first day I said something I've got two phone numbers saying to call them whenever I go collect algae. Of course I can't take advantage of that it's completely unethical. I know me saying it's unethical, wtf right?

So I'm completely moved into my new apartment. It's actually larger than I thought it would be. So everything is looking very sparse right now. I need to get myself a couch that way I can lounge if I want to and watch a movie on my computer. I bought a new computer chair and it's comfy and all but nothing beats lounging on a couch.

Being a grad student is different. The professors actually treat, I guess you can say, more respect. I'm currently teaching 3 lab sections. It's a great thrill when you look at the schedule and it says your name as the professor. Of course it's interesting that they are intrusting their education to me, and somewhat scary. But so far the classes look pretty good. Medicinal Botany is interesting, my first 3 hours lecture ever and it's fucking harsh. Even though the professor I know very well, he comes and asks me what I think of the class, another cool perk of being the only Botany Grad Student.

I think that's it for now. Time to go veg out for awhile and chill, teaching on Fridays just sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home