Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Slashdot is a festering pool of FUCKING Idiots

Today there was a decent link to an article about Algae being used for fuel production. So I clicked on it and read through it. After that I decided to read the comments. A terrible mistake soon ensued. Most of the comments were people saying how inefficient photosynthesis was compared to solar cells. Jesus, I'm in the wrong god damn profession. Apparently these guys think they are PhD Botanist, I guess that means my professor have been feeding false information. Damn dad is going to be pissed that all the money he spent on my worthless education just got flushed down the toilet by the brilliant comments. What they don't realize plants have been doing photosynthesis for about a billion years. If it was so inefficient plants would have changed. Just for information photosynthesis is about 25% efficient, the best solar cell is about 10% efficient. Chlorophyll also will renew itself, so there is no need to replace them like solar cells.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell them Chris! Go Super Algae!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Maxwell:

D00D, photosynthesis sux0rs.

In Soviet Russia, the sun photosynthesizes plants.

I wouldn't call it festering. Did you post in the comments? You could set them straight.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home