Thursday, March 25, 2004

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at Last we will have revenge

I place the DVD into my computer. After getting 5.1 DTS Surround Sound working on my computer, I was in the mood to hear the sounds of light sabers swinging around. I decide on a little ditty known as The Phantom Menace or Episode 1. Having not seen it in awhile I decided it was time to blow the dust off. It starts out a ship flying into a station, so far so good. After a "short" negotiation they land on the planet, still haven't reached a bad spot. The two Jedi begin to run away when misfortune falls on the movie audience. The rectum stopper Jar Jar Binks is introduced, things begin to go downhill from there. You sit and wonder how much worse can it be? Oh fear not Mr. Lucas has much in store for us. Soon they land on the backworld planet of Tattonine. Once again you are disappointed as the young Skywalker makes his appearance on the screen. It's like a tag team of crappiness between Jar Jar and Skywalker, you hide your face in shame. And then they leave the screen and happiness returns. Unfortunately it was decided that Jar Jar and Skywalker are crucial to the plot of the movie. Curiosity if peaked when you being to wonder, how was the first three, the three that were produced first, what went wrong with these most current movies? I can tell you, he didn't direct the first three. Hence their greatness, of course I would be happy with Episode 3 if Lucas doesn't direct it, but he will. The overall best feature in these movies has to be the music. John Williams is one of the greatest composers. Duel of the Fates is one of the greatest composed songs.

I know Episode 3 will be as terrible as the first two. Of course I'll still go see it, though I will bitch throughout the entire thing.

2 More Days

Only two more days till the big ol' b-day. What will I be doing? Writing a paper, like I've been doing the entire spring break. Yippie. (Stupid spell checker put yuppie in there.)