Thursday, March 18, 2004

The Greatest Aural Experience

I snagged a copy of Darkside of the Moon by Pink Floyd in DTS 5.1 Surround Sound. It is perhaps the greatest sound I have ever heard coming from my computer. Hearing The Great Gig in the Sky, just the emotion in her voice. God it is difficult to describe the sounds. This is what music listening is. I need a room that is sound proofed so I can blare this until my ears are bleeding. I think it's time to start looking for a SACD setup. All the CD is encoding of each channel from the SACD and placing it into DTS format. I'm afraid to hear what the SACD sounds like.

St. Patrick's Day

It was the first time I have ever celebrated St. Patrick's Day. Of course I've never seen the use of having and excuse to drink. We went out to Paddy O'Leary's which is a nice Irish bar on the beach. And I got rip roarin' drunk. Sad to admit that, but it's true. The place was packed and it would take 20 minutes to get a Guinness but it was a lot of fun. While waiting for a Guinness this obscenely drunken guy starts talking to me about how to pick up women. I guess he looked at me and said to himself what a sad pathetic loser. He begins on his diatribe about giving a random chick a beer and start talking to her. Since I was not interested in pursuing these lines of events I just smiled and chuckled. He continues on finally catching the attention of one of multitude of bartenders, he proceeds to obtain two Michelobe Ultras, which is perhaps the most vile beer, behind Miller Lite. He hands these vile bottles to me and tells me to wander off and hand them to unsuspecting women. Of course I smile and leave with my Guinness and the vile creations. I came back in later to pay my debt, and the same man was being belligerent to other people and they physically threw him out. Quite an amusing night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home