Sunday, March 21, 2004

One of the More Depressing Movies

I just returned from watching one of the most depressing movies I've seen in a long time. But I am odd, I consider some movies to be more depressing than others. I'm sure people will disagree with me about Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Eternal Sunrise of the Spotless Mind is a great movie. Jim Carrey did an excellent job, on par with the Truman Show. I came out of the movie depressed as hell. Who would want to rid themselves of their memories?? Your memories are the basis of who you are, it is how you form thoughts, interact with other people. Losing them is lose of self. Hell for all the pain my memories have given me I wouldn't rid myself of them at all. Well maybe a few that caused alot of trouble over the years.

More later maybe.

How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot:
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each prayer accepted, and each wish resign'd